Other Lives

|
I went to Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen on Tuesday to shoot Other Lives for More Than The Music.

Turns out, my name wasn't on the list. No problem, I have a confirmation email. The girl at the door makes me scroll though the entire conversation, to find my name, just to tell me that she doesn't know the PR guy for Other Lives, so she won't let me in. WTF?! You telling me you know EVERY PR person of EVERY band that EVER plays at that venue?!
After some back and forth, Other Lives' tour manager comes out and tells me to walk right in. Thank you very much to him for being so easy about it.

I don't really like Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen as a venue to shoot in; the stage is quite high, the lights are poor and they have this stupid spinning disco ball on the ceiling that reflects lights onto the walls and floor, which makes the room look like it's spinning. As well as all that, the 5 piece band have more instruments on stage then the average person can name, making taking pictures rather difficult. The only way I could get a clear view, was from either the right or left hand side of the stage when I moved a couple of steps up the stairs leading up the stage.











0 comments: