2011 What a Rubbish Year

|
It's that time of year again when I look back on the last 12 month and wonder if it's all worth it and why I do what I do. I look back on all the gigs I went to, bands I have seen, people I met and I can't wait to start again in the new year. Go figure...

Let's start with some stats: I went to 45 (or so) gigs photographing 33 different bands.

Photography wise, I had some extreme highs (The Coathangers and The Thermals at XOYO), some extreme lows (Howling Bells at Scala) and everything in between. I took a collage course on photography, changed camera system and had all my gear stolen.

Let's try and keep this positive though!

I managed to shoot some great bands this year; The Go! Team, Yuck, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, The Thermals, Howling Bells, 1990s, Screaming Females...

Favourite band: The Thermals! I signed up to shoot the band for The Girls Are..., one of the publications I shoot for. I checked their music out before hand and was instantly a fan. The last 3 albums are simply the best thing you'll hear in a while! As for the gig, it was mental! I nearly threw up twice because I got pushed against the barriers so hard and I actually thought I had broken a rip or two by the end of the night. Check out these videos:

Return to the Fold:




Now We Can See:



I was right in front of the bass player :|

As for 2012, it can only get better, right?!

0 comments: